Do you have a little spare time?
Full details of all our projects can be found in the ‘Local Issues’ section. But, briefly, we would appreciate your support with the following:-
- Litter picking – we hold monthly litter picks in and around the village centre, or further afield if anyone has a specific task. Tea, coffee and cakes for all volunteers.
- We would like to see you at the next one.
- See ‘What’s On’ section for details.
- The Old School Hall -this has been closed by St James Church and is no longer available for hire by Garlinge residents. The GRA, the Scouts, the WI, Play Group and others have all had to move out and find other venues. It is now currently up for sale.
- Since its closure, as we predicted, the Old School Hall has suffered vandalism -broken windows and notice board, as well as being used by young people as a hang-out area late into the night, with constant littering and drug abuse activities.
- Do you know that Garlinge is the only area in Thanet without its own non-denominational community hall? That’s not right, is it? Will you add your voice in helping us save the Old School Hall for Garlinge?
It’s your village -get involved and make a difference!